| 0 comments ]



Nicola Formichetti, Dazed & Confused Creative Director and stylist to Lady Gaga, sat down with T Magazine to discuss how he really feels about celebs in fashion, the deets on his success and more.

How did you start working in fashion, and what has your trajectory been?

In my early 20s, Dazed and Confused magazine gave me a small monthly column called “Eye Spy,” where I edited and highlighted things that I liked, took pictures and styled. Ten years later, I’m the creative director. I’m always trying new things, and so I never stay in one place. I like to move forward, which is why my career is made up of so many different parts: I direct magazines, I consult for fashion brands, I work with other artists, etc. I try to do as much as possible to keep inspired and learn about new things.

Many people in the business have a love-hate relationship with fashion. Is there something you’re not so crazy about?

There’s way too much celebrity in fashion. I don’t really like working with celebrities, so I try to stay away from that whole machine. But of course I have met some incredibly nice and creative people who just happen to be a “celebrity.”

Your work with Lady Gaga has brought you a tremendous amount of recognition. The “Bad Romance” video even gets played in New York City taxis. How did you two start working together, and what has it been like?

I first met her at a photo shoot for V magazine. It was an instant love. I had always stayed away from celebrity and musicians before, but she was so different. Instantly we understood each other completely. We started working naturally — all the videos, shows, tours, etc. She has such an amazing team around her, too, especially her creative director, Matthew Williams.

Read the rest at New York Times' T Magazine

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to check back for my response...
omo
x