| 0 comments ]

Photobucket
Abbey Lee in these ManiaMania campaign shots reminds me of all things that Valentine's Day is made of: love, sex, heartbreak and betrayal. Though a look inside my Valanetine's this year is more of the later, I'm not bitter. So go ahead, rejoice over your chocolates and flowers and I'll be reading my favorite verses from For Colored Girls before going out for drinks with my girls. Like this one:

Well
i will not call 
i'm not goin to be nice
i will raise my voice 
& scream & holler
& break things & race the engine
& tell all yr secrets bout yrself to yr face
& i will list in detail everyone of my wonderful lovers
& their ways
i wil play oliver lake
loud
& i won't be sorry for none of it


i loved you on purpose
i was open on purpose
i still crave vulnerability & close talk
& i'm not even sorry bout you bein sorry 
you can carry all the guilt & grime ya wanna
just don't give it to me
i can't use another sorry 
next time 
you should admit
you're mean/low-down/triflin/&no count straight out
steada being sorry all the time
enjoy bein yrself
//Excerpt from For Colored Girls By Ntozake Shange//
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
//photo cred//

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to check back for my response...
omo
x