| 0 comments ]

Photobucket

For me a fragrance is almost as important that the shoes on your feet. More importantly, a good fragrance is essential to well...life. When I say a good fragrance I don't mean those alcohol laden elixirs found at Bath & Body Works.

Photobucket

A good fragrance is impactful, rich, but NEVER invasive. When we pick out fragrances, it's best to look at the seasons for inspiration and this fall vanilla, musk, rose, amber, and woods should be the focus. So start this fall on the right foot and let me help you with all your olfactive endeavors. Here are a few of my favourites:


1. Patchouli 24 by Le Labo - This smoldering fragrance with hints of leather, vanilla + patchouli is sure to demand attention this season. 100ml $200.00, Barney's

2. Cannibus Rose by Fresh - Umm this is kind of amazing + it doesn't break the bank; it's an alluring blend of Bulgarian rose, pomegrante flower, CANNABiS accord, + dark chocolate. 34 oz $75.00, Fresh

3. Bal d'Afrique by Byredo - I suggest you try this dope fragrance, rich in vetiver, African marigold + Morroccan cedarwood is an easy way to feel you diasporic beat as it was inspired by France's infatuation with Africa in the 1920's - hello Josephine Baker! 100ml $195.00, Barney's

4. Original Musk by Kiehl's - This is a personal stand by of mine, its a modern take on a classic scent + it's great for layering + cheap cheap cheap! 1.7oz $39.00, Kiehl's

5. Holygrace by Comme Des Garcon + Opening Ceremony - A fragrance described as elegance, soap freshness + poison (the first two being favs of mine) features cardamom, pink pepper + vanilla. Get into it! 50ml $120.00, Opening Ceremony

I hope my suggestions have peaked your interests and sparked your search for a perfect scent this season. Drop me a line later + let me know how things are going!

posted by c. bilal salaam

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to check back for my response...
omo
x