| 3 comments ]

Photobucket

So this has been the week of wardrobe malfunctions. With this particular outfit, I spent the day at work in a sweater over this dress, patterned tights and oxfords. Sorta low key...

A million degrees hotter after work, I peeled off the tights, slipped on the wedges and the white blazer, a fresh coat of my pastel pink pout. Good to go for Chay's fashion show gala [for the BK Waldorf School].

But not so fast...right away I felt "too much." The dress felt too short for the wedges or vice versa. So I hopped off the train en route to the show just to scour SoHo for decent flats to wear instead, only to get back on the train with the same wedges after hearing that I, in fact, looked great.

No matter how much style you think you have, sometimes you just have to hear, plain and simple, "You look great!"

I'll update you on the other wardrobe malfunction for the week soon!

3 comments

Anonymous said... @ May 28, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Will you marry me?

Jasmine said... @ May 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Ha! That last post has to sum it up for you. You look great...I'm digging the black and white! I have a question for you, are there ever times when you feel like you're the often overdressed young lady in a sea (or room) full of conservatively dressed people? What plays in your head when that happens, if ever?

It could very well not even bother you.

Samantha Smikle said... @ May 29, 2010 at 1:51 AM

@anonymous: my firstproposal! :) I knew it would happen like this! lol jk thaaanksss!

@jasmine: i don't often feel OVERdressed...more just differently dressed...and it usually happens on the way to work or to the city in general...
I live in the bronx where my wide brim fedora is out of place on the train...but I work and play in the city and BK where my style makes more sense.

I notice it..but like you guess it, it doesn't bother me :) Great question and thanks for asking!
OH! and rule of thumb: it's ALWAYS better to be overdressed when in doubt. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Be sure to check back for my response...
omo
x